Re: [SPAM:]

Simo Kauppi wrote:

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 11:27:24AM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
On (18/09/05 12:26), Simo Kauppi wrote:
Is there an easy way to search for packages which are installed and have
more than one version available to see which version is currently
installed?

The reason for asking is that I just accidentally noticed that
php4-common, libapache2-mod-php4 and php4-mysql had a newer version in
security-updates but they had not been automatically upgraded. Manually
installing the newer versions of those had no problems.

I would like to find out if I have more packages which would have a
newer version available but haven't been upgraded.

I'm using Debian etch AMD64.
dpkg -l | grep ii

will show everything installed on your system

That it does.

apt-cache search <package> [or part name]

will show you available packages

Yes but without the version numbers
While in aptitude, "v" will show you all the versions of a package available as determined by your /etc/apt/sources.list

Paul Scott