Re: bash script

--- Rodney Richison <rodney@rcrcomputing.com> wrote:

> But I'd like to add multiple lines at one time. Like the ones below.
> realize I could cat them in from a text file, but I'd like to make
> this
> script non-dependant of other text files.
>
> export LS_OPTIONS='--color=auto'
> eval `dircolors`
>  alias ls='ls $LS_OPTIONS -F'
>  alias ll='ls $LS_OPTIONS -l'
>  alias l='ls $LS_OPTIONS -lA'

Assuming they're one at a time, tnen you can do something like:

echo -e "Line 1\nLine 2\nLine 3"

... if these lines are stored in a file already, that you're wanting to
append to some other file, then using cat is your best bet.  I am not
sure if this answers your question or not.  I'm having trouble
understanding it.

-- Thomas Adam