Re: UPS recommendations?

On Saturday 17 September 2005 08:23, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>Hi Debian!
>
>I live in rural Mexico and we get frequent power outages.
>Yesterday's creamed my voltage regulator and the power supply. Got to
>bite the bullet.
>
>I would like a UPS that warns me when power starts fluctuating and then
>shuts down the system. Debian of course, Sarge now.
>
>Are there any recommendations out there?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Hugo

Belkin has such a facility in their 'BullDog' software.  Unforch,
even after all this time they have not made it work with the USB
ports on their UPS's, so you lose a seriel port to connect the
software to the UPS.  Grrrrr.  I need that port for other things.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)