Re: Can't login when using kdm (KDE) -- Part 2

--- On Fri 09/16, Brian Kimball  wrote:
> See http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2005/09/msg00023.html
>
> and
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/327191

I think it all applies to KDE 3.4.2 and I'm still on KDE 3.3.2-1. In any case, I do not have ~/.bash_profile, only /etc/bash.bashrc and /etc/profile files and they do not appear to include the problematic statements.

Thanks

$ cat /etc/profile
# /etc/profile: system-wide .profile file for the Bourne shell (sh(1))
# and Bourne compatible shells (bash(1), ksh(1), ash(1), ...).

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games"

if [ "$PS1" ]; then
  if [ "$BASH" ]; then
    PS1='\u@\h:\w\$ '
  else
    if [ "`id -u`" -eq 0 ]; then
      PS1='# '
    else
      PS1='$ '
    fi
  fi
fi

export PATH

umask 027

# enable global bash settings
source /etc/bash.bashrc

$ cat /etc/bash.bashrc
# System-wide .bashrc file for interactive bash(1) shells.

# To enable the settings / commands in this file for login shells as well,
# this file has to be sourced in /etc/profile.

# If not running interactively, don't do anything
[ -z "$PS1" ] && return

# check the window size after each command and, if necessary,
# update the values of LINES and COLUMNS.
shopt -s checkwinsize

# set variable identifying the chroot you work in (used in the prompt below)
if [ -z "$debian_chroot" -a -r /etc/debian_chroot ]; then
    debian_chroot=$(cat /etc/debian_chroot)
fi

# set a fancy prompt (non-color)
PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h:\w\$ '

# enable bash completion in interactive shells
#if [ -f /etc/bash_completion ]; then
#    . /etc/bash_completion
#fi

umask 027

# You may uncomment the following lines if you want `ls' to be colorized:
 export LS_OPTIONS='--color=auto'
 eval `dircolors`
 alias ls='ls $LS_OPTIONS'
 alias ll='ls $LS_OPTIONS -l'