Re: Overwhelmed newbie

Well, I don't have any idea what's what when I begin the install.  I have 7 CDs (booting from the CD), and get through the partitioning OK, but am utterly without a clue when it starts asking about packages with cryptic names and cryptic descriptions on the second bootup (or is it the third?).

> As long as you've selected the Internet capability you can always add
> stuff later using `apt-get` or `aptitude` so you can ignore the rest.
> Also, you can always remove stuff at a later date.

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm