Re: php-mysql connection pb

belahcene abdelkader wrote:

hi,
I am using sarge Official Distro.

I have written an application with php-mysql thru
apache, it ran correctly ( on previous release before the official sarge without any special config)
, i move it to sarge, now I have a problem, I don't if
it is a sarge pb or a mysql or mysql-php ?
this is the error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_query()
in /var/www/studentNew.php on line 7

I have install php4 with php4-mysql, mysql-server is
also installed .
the strange thing (for me of course) is that , the phpmyadmin runs correctly and acceed to the database,
so I suppose that the php mysql api is installed
correctly.

Any idea is welcome
thank you very much in advance
best regards
bela

Just an idea (unchecked - I run self-compiled php5), but try either putting "dl('mysql.so');" at the top of your script, or add a similar line to php.ini (http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.extension)

Hope this helps,

Oliver