SBC DIALUP

I've just signed up for SBC Dialup and was able to get on line without any more problems than modifying the user ID and password entries in Pap- and Chap-secrets. However, I'm unable to activate my email account, userid@sbcglobal.net. I tried the URI, tinyurl.com/3k9ds, that SBC said to use to activate the account but, was only able to fill in about 4 pages of info forms before the next button quit working. On another attempt to activate the account, SBC said to go to www.sbc.yahoo.com/download and download the SBC dialup startup disc(windows and mac only) to activate the account and did so hoping to read the disc info to discover a way to activate the account. I got a message saying that my browzer didn't support downloading(first time ever even for a windows program). SBC is no help, not supporting Linux. I'm hoping someone out there is using SBC dialup and knows the solution to my problem. Any help appreciated. Please copy my email address
as I'm not subscribed.  Thanks for your help,

Leonard Chatagnier