Re: IMAP Bandwith

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:39:11AM +0200, Koybe wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> Can someone help me estimating the bandwith needed for a server
> delivering mail trough IMAP using CYRUS. It's about 100 clietns in a
> day to day use.

No problem.  You will use somewhere between 0 Mbps and the maximum
available to your server.  If all users access simultaneously, the load
should be evenly distributed to where each user uses approximately 1% of
the avilable bandwidth.

> thank you.

You're quite welcome.  Where should I send the bill?

Seriously, it depends on so many application- and situation-specific
factors that any number anyone comes up with will be completely bogus.
If you don't know how to do this estimation yourself, you should
probably hire a consultant to come an and examine your situation and
make the estimate or recommendation.

> Jérôme Herman

-Roberto

--