Re: bootsplash

Nicolas Cadou <niccad@cobi.net> wrote:
| Le 11 Septembre 2005 04:50, mess-mate a écrit :
| > Hi,
| > i've installed bootsplash on a machine without any problem.
| > But can't do the same on a second machine :
| > -233 k6 with a S3Virge graphic car.
| > Seems 'mode' (vga) isn't right when booting and have to select an
| > other mode like for example 80x30.
| > Setted the grub vga=788 (800x600 16bit) and configured bootsplash to
| > 640/480,800/600,1024/728 with of course the appropriate boosplash
| > image.
| > What did i wrong ?
|
| I have encountered this problem with S3 Virge cards.
|
| I found a patch for 2.4 kernels (tested on 2.4.21 and 2.4.24) which side-steps
| the problem, by setting video modes through VESA.
|
| Let me know if it works.

Thanks but i builded a 2.6.12.6 kernel and seems vga vesa is there
because after a 'scan'
founded 'VGA VESA' at the header and then the available modes
like 80x30  80x32 etc...

So tryed several of this modes and nor of them wont work.
I see only a little pinguin in the left up corner and then the
verbose booting.
The bootsplash themself (with animation) isn't there.

mess-mate
--
Cold hands, no gloves.