Re: kernel panic - not syncing. No init found. Try passing init = option to kernel

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 10:13:06PM +0100, wackojacko wrote:

> UPDATE
>
> I downloaded the Ubuntu Live CD and tried to chroot into the partition
> as follows
>
> 	mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2 /mnt
> 	chroot /mnt
>
> and get the error
>
> 	chroot: cannot execute '/bin/bash': file not found
>
> or something similar.  Tried specifying other commands to no avail.  It
> looks like the kernel can't see the underlying command structure, even
> though it mounts correctly during boot and from Ubuntu.
>
> HELP!

After you mount /dev/sda2, see if /mnt/bin/bash exists; if it does, try
"ldd /mnt/bin/bash" and see if the libraries exist in /mnt/lib.

--
Atlanta makes it against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole
or street lamp.