Re: Apache & mod_rewrite

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 21:50 +0100, Philip Radford wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Anyone got any experience with mod_rewrite under Apache.

Which version of apache?

> I am trying to create a dynamic directory using the following syntax
> which I figured out from looking at tutorials etc but it refuses to
> work.

Have any details on how it is not working? (i.e. Presence/absence of
info in the logs, etc.)

> This is what I have so far :-
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteBase /
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /index.php?cat=$1
> To use as :-
>
> http://www.xyz.com/products => http://www.xyz.com/index.php?cat=products
>
> Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Do you really need RewriteBase?
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_rewrite.html#RewriteBase)

You may need to use some flags that specify how you want apache to
handle the substitution. Descriptions of the various flags and what they
do are available here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_rewrite.html#RewriteRule

IANA mod_rewrite expert, so these are just guesses.

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg