Re: Problem with the new xlibs deb

Hi,

> > I took a look at the debian/postinst file and indeed there is a
> > trivial naming mismatch (remove_conffile_with_symlink_rollback
> > instead of replace_conffile_with_symlink_rollback). Is there a way
> > to extract the binary package, fix the problem and repackage it
> > without the hussle of building it from source? It's a trivial
> > fixup, yet it keeps a bunch of other packages from being updated,
> > so I'd really like to resolve this as soon as possible.
>
> Just fix the postinst and run dpkg --configure -a

Thanks for the reply; my question was actually how to "just fix the
postinst". I managed to do it though and I'm posting it here for anyone
else who might be interested:

mkdir tmp
cp /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibs_6.8.2.dfsg.1-6.deb tmp/
cd tmp
dpkg -e xlibs_6.8.2.dfsg.1-6.deb # extract control files
dpkg -x xlibs_6.8.2.dfsg.1-6.deb # extract package files
cd DEBIAN
vi postinst
	# fix the error
cd ../..