Re: booting knoppix from windows

debian <debian@benburb.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Please,
>
> the pcs at my office are locked down windows (yugh).  I cannot change
> any of the bios parameters.
>
> Is there any way that I can persuade windows itself to boot the knoppix cd ?
> Or does this make sense ?

If you can use qemu or vmware or a similar program, you can boot knoppix CD
(in a virtual PC). However, you can also ask why you are not allowed to run
Linux and how strict is that policy. Maybe they will allow it if you ask
them nicely :-)

Or you can install cygwin or something similar and at least have a
UNIX-like environment.

HTH,

Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

To be or not to be is true. G. Boole      No it isn't.  L. E. J. Brouwer