Re: utility for temperature

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:54:46AM +0200, roberto wrote:
> Hello
> actually i take control of proc temperature via the following command
>
> :~$ cat  /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature
>
> but i'd like to ask if there exists some X utility to do this in KDE,
> by some other program which uses that command or something similar...

Look at package ksensors.  I'm not sure if it picks out this
particular file.  But here is the description:

$ apt-cache show ksensors
(...)
 This is a lm-sensors frontend for KDE for monitoring a motherboard.
 It allows you to access information from temperature and fan speed
 sensors.
 .
 You will need lm-sensors kernel modules to use this package.
 .

Public GnuPG key:  http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"It can seem like you're doing just fine,
but the creep's creeping into your mind." - Neal Morse