chat error: Can't get terminal parameters...

Hi Debian!

This is for info.

I forgot that I had changed my USRobotics External Modem to port ttyS0 and it was still pointing to ttyS1 in pppconfig.

Then chat gives you a confusing message:
Can't get terminal parameters: Input/output error

I looked all over the place and finally installed minicom to investigate, who told me that /dev/modem doesn't exist. Upon which I start looking for what I do use and found the error.

Chat should have said:
There is no modem out there, baby!