Re: Problem with the setup process

Raj,
This is no problem. The install went ok. Most likely you have base system installed. As a test, try to start the x window system. In the prompt, do:
startx

If it says "command not found", you don't have X installed, so you have to install it.

Raj M wrote:

I am a newbee to the linux system.
In order to have debian as my OS, I downlaoded from
the debain website, the stable 3.1 version. I
completed the installation as per the debian setup.
Now after rebooting and entering the login and pwd
information, I get the following information.
"Debian GNU/Linux comes with absolutely no warranty,
to the extent permitted by applicable law. Home@debian: ~$"

I am stuck after this message. What should I do next?
I couldn't find any tips/direction in the Debian book
that I have with me.

Thanks
Raj