Re: shut down exim4

> 1) How can I stop and restart exim from the command line?

Do an "ls /etc/init.d" to see what's listed.  In mine I saw "exim4".

So you should be able to do:

/etc/init.d/exim4 stop
/etc/init.d/exim4 start
/etc/init.d/exim4 restart

> 2) How can I stop exim from loading on boot?

Well, I think the geeky way is to remove/edit symlinks in /etc/init.d
or some place.  I've found the "sysv-rc-conf" package to work
WONDERFULLY well for managing when processes run.  I'd suggest using
aptitude/apt-get to install it and check it out (type sysv-rc-conf at
the prompt).  Make sure to run it as root; once it's running you can
type "h" for help to understand what everything means and how to do
it.

Ben