Re: sarge + postfix + mysql

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 02:06:39PM -0300, Juan Manuel Tato wrote......

> i've solved..
> thanks very much.

You're welcome.  What was wrong?  Note that it can be very helpful
to others with similar setup problems to read about what you did to
solve your problem.

> bur now i'm havin other problem:
>
> (recipient prueba@test.test: bad uid 106 in virtual_uid_maps)
>
> and in my main.cf  i have added this lines
> virtual_gid_maps = static:107
> virtual_minimum_uid = 1001
> virtual_uid_maps = static:106
>
> from my pssswd file
> postfix:x:106:107::/var/spool/postfix:/bin/false

In your first posting in this thread, you said you were following
the setup instructions found here:

http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/

That write-up is one of the best I've seen and is what I've used to
set up my servers.  If you follow it explicitly, your server really
should work.  From the quotes I've left in above from your email,
it's obvious to me that you are deviating from that write-up.  Stick
to the write-up and read it carefully.  Get your server working and
then, if you like, you can deviate from that setup.

To answer your question about the problem you have now, look
carefully at the quoted lines I left in above and "Step 5: Create a
vmail user" and "Step 6: Edit the main.cf" from the workaround.org
write-up.  Your virtual_gid_maps goes to 107 and your
virtual_uid_maps goes to 106, which are uid:gid's of postfix.  They
need to be the uid:gid's of vmail (or equivalent).  This should be
very clear if you have followed the workaround.org write-up
carefully.

And what is "virtual_minimum_uid = 1001" in your main.cf?  Where did
that come from?  It is not in the workaround.org write-up.  Like I
said before, stick to the write-up, get the server working, and
then you can deviate from the standard setup if you so desire.

Kevin

P.S.  Please don't top post.  Thanks.

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941  http://rustybear.com/publickey