Re: OT: document scanning into pdf/ps file?

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 05:44:35PM -0400, Ishwar Rattan wrote:

> I am running Debian deriveative system. Is there a
> way to scan in a document (as one image per page) and
> concatenate them into a single pdf or postscript file?

The libtiff-tools contains tiffcp and tiff2pdf which can be used to
concatinate single page TIFFs (from sane or xsane) into a single multi-page
tiff, and then convert it into a PDF. It should be a fairly simple task to
write a script to handle this.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA  | author is right there, in the room talking to