Re: For sid users: An overview of the KDE C++ ABI transition

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 11:31:22PM +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>   the purpose of this mail is to explain a bit, from a user point of
>   view, the upcoming C++ ABI transition for KDE: when will it start, and
>   how will it affect you. If after reading this you still have doubts,
>   please bring them up and some member of the KDE packaging team will
>   try to address them.
Hi Adeodato,
Thank you very much for your email outlining the current plans for the
kde transition and its impact on SID users. Awhile ago, another DD made
a similar email in regards to the gutenprint transition. I asked other
debian-user SID users about having such mails in the future and all
agreed that as the ones who maintain (mostly) SID desktop system, that
this would allow us to avoid big problem and would alert us as to the
actual cause of system instability which I feel would lead to more
accurate bug reports. I was going to propose this idea on debian-devel
that the DD who is the lead on the big transition create a similar email
whenever similar events take place ie: xorg, kde, gnome,jack,
c++,libc,etc. Should I bother to compose a request to debian-devel or
would I be seen as 'another cumbersome policy' for folks who are
expected to deal with what ever is thrown at them.
back to the sauna,
Kev

--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!