asking for passphrase after upgrading to 2.6.8-2-686

Hello,

I got a linux sarge box with no keyboard/mouse/monitor which i use as router + server and i'm accessing it remotely via ssh.

After last sarge upgrade (changed kernel from 2.4.27-2-686 to 2.6.8-2-686) it started asking for a passphrase at boot time (Enter passphrase), i have no clues about what this passphrase is...anyway i can just hit enter and boot goes on, problem is i don't want to have a keyboard attached to this pc and i'd like if it could boot without my intervention.

I do have an encrypted disk there but i usually mount it by hand and there's no mention about it in /etc/fstab, also tried completely removing the crypt package (apt-get --purge remove cryptsetup) but no changes.

If i boot with the old kernel 2.4.27-2-686 it won't ask for the passphrase and regularly boot, why that? I don't know where to look for, any idea?, thanks.

Marco.