Re: rebuilding packages

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 09:53:04PM +0200, John Smith wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 	caused by various reasons (disagree with compiled in defaults, learning
> stuff) I compiled a few packages from source from the project (apt-get source ...).
> I found out that in some cases (notably snmpd and glibc) the rebuilding of the
> source actually produces more .deb's than I expected: recompiling libc6
> got me :
<SNIP>

Sure.  Debian binary packages all come from source packages.  In
particular, libraries usually have at least runtime and development
packages (and occasionally documentation packages).  In the case of
libc6, it also has udeb (pronounced micro-deb, since u is the closest
Roman letter to the Greek mu) packages which are part of the Debian
installer.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez