Keypad decimal sign should obey LC_NUMERIC

By default the mapping of the [. / Del] key of the keypad looks as follows:
[KP_Delete, KP_Decimal]
Which means - correct me if I'm wrong - that with Num-Lock enabled a
keypress would generate the decimal-sign provided by the locales.
The locale I chose on my system is nl_NL@euro, which states in
/usr/share/i18n/locales/nl_NL:
LC_NUMERIC
decimal_point "<U002C>"
(... some more ...)
END LC_NUMERIC
U002C is Unicode for "," so in my oppinion KP_Decimal should deliver
",". Why than does it show "."? It does so in the bare terminals,
Gnome-Multi-Terminal, gEdit, OpenOffice, in Mozilla, everywhere!

Please provide the reason of, and solution for this behaviour.

-Jouke