Re: Can't install Sarge on an HP NetServer

Look at the output of dmesg.  You should find what device the CD rom the kernel assigned.  On my system, these two lines are informative.

hdc: CW099D ATAPI CD-R/RW, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdd: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R5002, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

Do a
dmesg|grep CD
and see if you don't find something similar.

Jim.

On 8/29/05, marco_elen <marco_elen@libero.it> wrote:
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:48:45 +0100,  Clive Menzies wrote:

> Your CD rom is normally /dev/hdc ?

When I use the old kernel, the command
mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda /cdrom
works, but not with the new kernel.
May it be a problem in the kernel, in the sense that the new kernel I installed does not have the support for my CD driver?
How can I discover this?

Best regards,
Marco Ballini

Libero Flat, sempre a 4 Mega a 19,95 euro al mese!
Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it