Re: Bootable CD

Jiann-Ming Su wrote:

>On 8/27/05, Dan Hodson <dhodson2004@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>I have downloaded the ISO file from http://www.us.debian.org/ but I cannot
>>figure out how to make a cd bootable. I don't know how to make a cd image
>>for a bootable cd. Please help! Thanks!
>>

>If it's an iso image, just burn it to a CD-R/RW.

Careful; that implies that you're burning it as a file instead of as an
image. Buring it as a file just leaves the .iso file on the CD; burning
it as an image expands it into a bootable CD.

Dan, it depends on your software. The burning capability that is built
into WindowsXP is incapable (as far as I've ever been able to figure) of
burning an image; it only burns files. Third-party software for Windows
should have the capability, as does Mac and Linux software (you don't
give any info on what type of system you have).

--
Kent