Re: Portable OGG Player

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 07:28:40PM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Stephen Tait:
> > At 14:33 26/08/2005, Derek \"The Monkey\" Wueppelmann wrote:
> >>
> >> Anybody have a player that has at least 20GB of storage that plays oggs?
> >> My rio karma crapped out and they just gave me my money back, now I
> >> don't have a player any more. :(
> > >
> > My friend and I have been very happy with our iRivers. The HP1** and 4**

yes but stear clear of the iriver 100,300,700,800 and 900 series of the
flash based players. They can only do bit rates of 96-225 kbps for Ogg
files due to hardware limitations. And people are reporting problems
even within this range... I thought Iriver took Ogg support seriously
:-(

The Jensofsweden MP-120 player I recommended earlier is the same as the
i-bead 170 player :

   http://www.ibead.co.kr/coding/eng/products/products_1_6.asp

I expect the firmware upgrade to support Ogg is the same, but you have
to check this...

HTH

Preben