Re: Automatically getting dependencies with dpkg.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 12:37:43PM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> I have often wanted to install a few debs in some directory onto my
> system, but invariably, they are inter-`dependent' (i.e. I don't know
> the "order" in which to `dpkg -i' them), and, in some cases, depend on
> other packages which are not there in that directory, but are there in
> my apt repository. What could be an automatic solution to this?

If you want to install several interdependent packages at once, and
they're in the same directory, just

	dpkg -ir dirname

I don't know any way to automatically add the needed packages to your
local repository, though, I never use one.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.