Re: web-cam server

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 05:51:04PM -0600, Ð???ä?? vÎ?????? wrote:
> hey, my old teacher wants me to set up the 1 computer in the comp. lab as a
> security camera (things seem to go missing there) and he would like me to
> set it up with Linux and i dont know what i need to do it, can anyone give
> me some help? all it needs to be able to do is stream video to the hard
> drive

You have a webcam accessable through v4l? Then you can choose from a wide
range of tools like mencoder, transcode and anything else that is able to
capture from a v4l device.
There are other tools like "motion" which can detect differences between
pictures.

>From the legal point of view you should respect all laws in your country which
often means you've to put up signs stating that this please is monitored.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world