Re: blind spot for java

On Friday 26 August 2005 15:55, Kent West wrote:

> I'm a little hazy on the chroot; is your "./java" command failing to be
> found while in chroot, or while not in chroot. If while in, that seems
> odd, as the symlink is there. If while not in, I'd just create a new
> symlink:
>
> ln -s /lib/ld-2.3.5.so /lib/ld-linux.so.s
>
> should do it.

It was failing outside the chroot (in the host system). I created the symlink
as you suggested and all is now working again. The question is though how did
the original link go missing? This was working fine yesterday after I
upgraded both the host system and the chroot. I wonder if something only
changed when the machine was rebooted. I know that the chroot under went the
C++ upgrade yesterday so maybe that was it but I wouldn't have thought that
could remove the symlink in the host system.

Anyway. Many thanks.

Graham