Problems with Opera and X

Hi

I have problems running Opera versions >=8.01 on my Debian box.
After some time (could be after clicking on the fourth link, or
even earlier), Opera exits with a message

Fatal IO error: client killed

I made some captures and it seems that the X server is causing
this (if connection is over TCP, he sends the first FIN packet).
However, I didn't try to read the whole capture (decoding thousands
of requests is a work for masochists only).

The version of xfree86 is 4.3.0.dfsg.1-10

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Jiri Palecek