Re: Debian Wiki Down: Permanantly?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

> C Shore wrote:
>
> >(http://wiki.debian.net)
> >

> Does not work for me and has been like that for the past 2 days. Nothing
> loads and the request just times out. I currently live in Ithaca, NY, USA.

and what does traceroute show ?? as where the problem might be

traceroute security.debian.org
	- lots of alternet
	- lots of savis.net ( they're confused )
	- finally in *.nl with xs4all.net
	- klecker.debian.org (194.109.137.218)

traceroute wiki.debian.net
	- lots of alternet
	- lots of sprintlink.net ( they're confused too )
	- capitalinternet.com ( whacky uplink for wiki )
	- d3dw.gweezlebur.com (208.4.52.75)

don't forget that it the isp upstream decide to change their
routers and other infastructure, you're stuck until all the
old dns records are automatically updated/refreshed ... some updates
in a few hours, or a day or weeks, depending on the dns admin's whim
and complicate it with caching by others

c ya
alvin