Re: What is APXS

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:48:06 -0400
Gallagher Timothy-TIMOTHYG <TIMOTHYG@motorola.com> wrote:

> I am trying (and it is killing me) to get webdav working on my sarge
> install.  I come to the line in the install to configure mod_dave with
> the following command ./configure
> --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs.  I get the error that I do not
> have the apxs and get the error "Your APXS installation is broken and
> cannot be used."  Anyone know what this means and how can I install
> APX.  I have Apache2 and my webserver.

Apxs is Apache's tool for building Apache modules. To have it on your
system you will need to install the appropriate -dev package for your
apache. Since you are using apache2, you have two choices. If you are
using apache2-mpm-prefork, you will want apache2-prefork-dev. Otherwise
you will want apache2-threaded-dev.

(And Debian names it apxs2 for apache2 installations, putting it in
/usr/bin.)

HTH,
Jacob