Re: Am I getting USB 2.0 speed?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 10:21:25PM -0300, Bruno Buys wrote:
> > Hi Roberto, I forgot to mention. I tried usbview and it says my player
> > is attached to a 1.1 uhci controller. Its part of the problem, I
> > guess. No matter what port I connect the device to, I always get this.
> > By the way, I have four VIA VT82xxxxx uhci 1.1 controllers, and 1 VIA
> > USB 2.0 (this one seems to never be used).  Why is that?
>
> Maybe the USB ports are all wired up to the UHCI controllers. Seems
> weird, but possible.

They *ARE*.  That's how it works: the EHCI controlled AND the slave
UHCI/OHCI controllers (OHCI is better) are wired to the ports.  IF it is to
operate in USB2.0 mode, EHCI takes care of it. Otherwise, the slave USB 1.1
controllers do.  Each OHCI/UHCI controller talks to two ports.  The EHCI
controller can talk to all of them (well, the highest port count for a
single EHCI controller I ever seen was 8).

If a device always ends tied up to an USB1.1 controller, that means at least
one of the USB connector, USB cable or USB gadget is USB1.1.

  Henrique Holschuh