ftp working

Hi all,

one of the previous treads reminded me to check wheather I have ftp server working on my laptop (after 1.5 years with Debian, I am still surprised how many things had been installed/configured/working without me knowing it). I found that:

#dpkg -l | grep ftp
ii  ftp      0.17-13       The FTP client
ii  ftpd     0.17-21       FTP server
ii  lftp     3.2.1-1       Sophisticated command-line FTP/HTTP client p
ii  obexftp  0.10.7-3      file transfer utility for device

the ftpd is installed. Trying in Firefox:

ftp://localhost

I get:

530 Login incorrect.

which makes me think that the server is working. I tried:

#ls /etc/init.d/*ftp*
zsh: no matches found: /etc/init.d/*ftp*
So, how can I find out wheather/which ftp server is running on my machine, and stop/reconfigure it?

	Thanks in advance,
	Ivan