Re: Installing Debian

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 10:02:25AM -0700, Jeremy Donnell wrote:
>  IT DOESN'T TELL YOU HOW TO SELECT.  As dumb as this might sound I had
>  the cursor next to Desktop and so I pressed enter thinking I was
>  installing the packages for desktop.. Nope!  I installed nothing for
>  desktop because after reinstalling and trying to use apt-get install
>  many times I figured out that the SPACE BAR is my friend and needs to
>  be pressed to place a "*" next to Desktop.  I can't be the only one
>  out there who has done this but if someone could add <use spacebar>
>  or something that guides you to press it this may help aid the less
>  knowledgable for future linux installs.

Have you filled in an installation report? Although another poster has
mentioned the install guide covers this, intuitive install is still
desirable. Expressing your opinion in the install report means it might
be seen by the correct people.

--
Jon Dowland               http://jon.dowland.name/
FD35 0B0A C6DD 5D91 DB7A  83D1 168B 4E71 7032 F238