Re: adding modules to kernel

kamaraju kusumanchi on 23/08/05 15:29, wrote:
If the module is already built and you just have to (un)load it, then you can use 'modconf' program.

sudo apt-get install modconf
man modconf
sudo modconf

I don't know whether the module in question is already built.

Basically I forgot to select the kernel option in the 'make xconfig' stage, so it is neither compiled into the kernel, nor compiled as a module.

What I would like to be able to do is to run the make xconfig again, and then do only what is necessary.

Do I have to do a complete kernel compile again? It takes my PC at least 20 minutes.

Is there some short-cut?

Thanks
Adam