drupal error: cannot instantiate xmlrpc_client (cron)

since latest upgrade of drupal I get the following error from Cron <www-data@jojda> [ -x /usr/share/drupal/scripts/cron.sh ] && /usr/share/drupal/scripts/cron.sh:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: xmlrpc_client in /usr/share/drupal/modules/drupal.module on line 142

I suspect it has something to do with the xmlrpc security fix, anybody else seen it? Just asking before filing a bug report (don't want to file a bug report if it's something wrong on my end).

BTW the error is in function that tries to ping the drupal directory server.

  TIA,

	erik