Re: Switching to Debian (from Fedora)

Daniel Ramaley wrote:

>When Xorg came out, Sarge was almost ready to become the stable release.
>Sarge is what i'm running, but i've not had any problems with my older
>hardware. If you want Xorg, try switching to the testing distribution.
>To do that, edit /etc/apt/sources.list and every time you see "stable"
>or "sarge" change it to "testing".

I would recommend duplicating the Stable lines, rather than replacing
them. Then replace the "stable" or "sarge" in the first (top) set with
your release of choice.

This way, the system can fall back to packages in Stable if it (or you)
need(s) to.

Also, don't change the "security" line; leave it at stable.

--
Kent