Re: Touchpad problem after upgrading to 2.6.12

kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

ctrlER wrote:

Hi,

I'm having a problem with double tap on my touchpad since i upgraded from 2.6.8 to 2.6.12. I'n 2.6.8 i could double tap and i could single tap just fine, now, if I single tap in something, it opens two apps, so I'm figuring that it's assuming double tapping when I'm just single tapping.

My laptop is a Acert TravelMate 290.

I have the exact same problem but was just too lazy to post and started using a usb mouse instead. I dont know whether it is the problem with x.org packages or whether with 2.6.12 kernel.

I unloaded the psmouse module using modconf (kernel->driver->input->mouse), and reloaded it with the following parameters:

proto=imps

Then the touchpad is working fine. Hopefully this will solve your problem also.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE