Re: firefox package screwed

Marc Wilson wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 05:01:56PM -0500, Albert wrote:

The deb package for Firefox 1.0.4 is screwed up:

No, it's not.  Crapfox is.  It cannot deal correctly with the default Gnome
theme.

So why was it packaged with a theme that it couldn't work with?

All menus are affected. The cursor, instead of highlighting a choice, displays it as white block. It's probably in the default theme, because changing the theme fixes it.

Yes, widely known.

Not to me.

Ten seconds or so of Google would have found it for
you.

And why was this list not the appropriate place to ask? What would I have googled for to find out what was wrong with a .deb package?

Also, 1.0.4 is not the current version of firefox.

Our hearts bleed for you.  After all, we all know that apparently the world
will end if an unreleased distribution doesn't instantly contain the latest
version of everything there ever was.

And your rudeness makes me very sad.

I don't know which group should receive this info.

Debian knows about it.  The Mozilla people know about it.  The Gnome people
know about it.  Third-parties know about it.  Sounds like it's already been
covered.

Thank you. You must be the packager, else why the hostility?

--
Blessed are the cracked:
For it is they who let in the light.