Exim4 and smtp_accept_queue_per_connection

Is there some magik needed to get Exim4 (4.52-1) to understand and obey the smtp_accept_queue_per_connection setting? I've tried setting it (and restarting exim), but Exim ignores me (I still get "no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one connection" in my logs).

In my /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf I have:
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection='0'

and I re-ran 'update-exim4.conf' and restarted Exim but Exim still won't immediately process more than 10 emails at once from fetchmail.

I know I can tell fetchmail to only push 10 at once, but I'd rather do it at Exim.

(by the way, the default smtp_accept_queue_per_connection of '10' is a really bad idea when you've already told exim4-config that you get your mail via fetchmail!)

--
Burton Windle                           bwindle@fint.org