[SOLVED] Broken install (files list file for package `x11-common' missing)

Andrey Andreev wrote:
> Some time ago I installed X.org from debian.linux-systeme.com on my
> Debian Sid.
> Yesterday I decided to switch to the X.org, now provided unstable so I
> lowered the priority of debian.linux-systeme.com in /etc/apt/preferences
> I ran dist-upgrade with aptitude, but this failed, giving the following
> (among others) message:
[snip]
> /var/cache/apt/archives/x11-common_6.8.2.dfsg.1-5_all.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite `/etc/X11/Xsession', which is also in package
> xorg-common

Two packages were overlapping (x11-common from unstable, and xorg-common
from the unofficial repo)

Force removing both and reinstalling x11-common fixed all:

dpkg -P --force-depends x11-common xorg-common

apt-get -f install x11-common

Andro

--
Andrey Andreev