Re: diary with encryption

Jeronimo Pellegrini writes:

> > You can use cfs to make a small encrypted filesystem out of a normal
> > directory; then you can store your diary in the encrypted
> > filesystem.
>
> That's what I would suggest, except that I'd use encfs instead of cfs.
> I had several problems with cfs, and encfs seems to be more stable and
> faster.

The following advice may not be relevant, since the OP is just talking
about a diary and not something super-ultra-mega secret, but other
people looking to encrypt sensitive data might be interested.

This is the approach I'd take, but also beware of your editor saving
temporary files on an unencrypted filesystem. Most editors let you
specify the temporary file directory, and/or they respect $TMP, so make
sure to set the temporary file directory to be on the encrypted
filesystem.

And, make sure your swap space is encrypted or nonexistent, and, and...
:)