MySQL setup cloning?

In a thread under this subject line, I got advice from Wayne Topa and
Maurits van Rees on how to use mysqldump to clone my setup from one Debian
server to another.

Today I finally got around to trying this.

It failed.  I got "ERROR 1064" when trying to import the dumped file into
MySQL on the other box.

Luckily I found the solution in a skilled (lucky) Google search, which I'll
post here in case someone finds this thread later and has the same problem:
add "--quote-names" to the mysqldump command.  Then it works like a charm,
minus the fact that the MySQL setup on box 1 (copied over to the other
server) broke mysqladmin on box 2.

Oh well, fixing things is what admins are for.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.