Loadlin under Config.sys -- AAAAGH!

Man pages and user guides have turned me bug eyed these last three months.  This is my first
attempt at perfroming a Linux installation and I am totaly lost.  Here is my situation;

My machine is an old 200 mHz "all in one" with two hard drives and an internal modem (56K vanilla
generic) and 128 meg of RAM.  The first hard drive is a tiny 16 meg drive with MSDOS running on it
and about 8-9 meg of empty space.  The second hard drive is a 12 gig drive that has been
partitioned into two section.  The first partition (5 gig) is primary and presently running Win
98.  The second partition (7 gig) is unused and unformated.  The machine has NO "A" drive, NO
CD-ROM drive and NO externally bootable devices period.

My approach to this has been to boot the minimalist linux kernal by way of Loadlin and initrd
under config.sys and then download all necessary parts to do a clean instal of Debian.  I am
having a real problem determining what files I really need to put on the mini HD to do this and
most of all what the config.sys file lines should read. At this point a few lines of config.sys
DOS code examples would be worth a thousand manpages.

Has anyone walked this path before me?  Could you help me break this deadlock please?

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail