Re: UNSUBSCRIBE confirm

On Saturday 13 August 2005 15:46, ke6isf wrote:
>On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, ChPh wrote:
>> UNSUBSCRIBE confirm
>
>You might check for instructions in the footer of each of the
> messages posted to this list.  These instructions will tell you how
> to unsubscribe rather than clutter the list with your requests.
>
>-Dennis Carr

I went back and looked at the headers, and this original message, and
all its aftermath did appear to be comeing from
debian-user-request@lists.debian.org.  But the replies, which we also
got, did not contain a keyphrase or number that would have made an
automatic reply Just Do It(TM).

Possibly the server is miss-configured somehow?  I don't think it
serves any usefull purpose for the request agent to be echoing those
messages here.  All its doing is generating additional traffic &
wasting bandwidth.  Personally, I just hit the delete button on these.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)