xserver for hard of sight?

My girl is hard of sight, I am better, but not a spring chicken either.

We use KDE under "Sarge,"  The migration from woody was just great,
KDE has a "change all fonts" which worked great to get all of kde's
apps to use large fonts, but I can't get Mozilla's menu bars to use
large fonts.  Is something I can change in the xserver to make it
default to large fonts?

I figure there has to be something, either that I can put in a user
home directory, or maybe an etc file.

Here are a few ways I DON'T want to do it.

I don't want to just reconfigure xserver to use the 640x480 screen
resolution.  While everything would be bigger, the individual webpages
we like would force me to use the scrollbars to pan everything.

I thought maybe if I de-installed xfonts-75dpi, but it wants to pull
the xserver-core with it, so I won't do that.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
---
Scotty