Can't install on ASUS MB -- need recommendation of MB that will work

I ordered and built what I thought was my next computer -- dual-core Intel 820, asus P5WD2 -- I didn't expect I wouldn't be able to install debian because of weird IDE/SATA controller issues: http:// kerneltrap.org/node/5392. (I tried disabling lots of drivers in expert install and changing bios settings, but the netinst disc always fails to find the CD-ROM -- probably the PATA disk drive I have too if it ever got that far.)

I spend hours putting the thing together, I don't want to spend all weekend trying to build a custom kernel for it. Can anybody recommend a relatively inexpensive Intel 775 dual-core Intel 820 compatible MB I can buy instead?

The other components I have are PATA disk, 2x1GB DDR2-533 and a CD-ROM.

Maybe I'll return the ASUS or more likely I'll just keep it in hopes that one day I'll use it.

Thanks,
Eric