From: Alvin Oga [mailto:aoga@mail.Linux-Consulting.com]
Sent: Thursday, 11 August 2005 9:32 a.m.
To: Steven Jones
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: sendmail

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Steven Jones wrote:

> Anybody got some recommendation on tuning sendmail to reject spam?
> Things like mis-behaving remote smtp server or servers not in dns ie
> domain does not exist....low cpu overhead stuff

in your sendmail.mc, just add a couple of lines and re-generate
sendmail.cf  ( "zero cpu load" stuff )

.. list of your fav rbls ... 3-5 of um ..

FEATURE(`enhdnsbl', `bl.spamcop.net', `Spammer $&{client_addr} $&f
rejected by RBL: http://bl.spamcop.net')
FEATURE(`enhdnsbl', `dnsbl.njabl.org', `Spammer $&{client_addr} $&f
rejected by RBL: http://dnsbl.njabl.org')

=========

examples sendmail.mc files w/ RBLs checking
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/etc.mail/sendmail-8.13.3/
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/etc.mail

c ya
alvin