Re: [networking] Computer can't see the outside world any more

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 11:19 +0100, Gareth Adams wrote:
> Now the strange thing is that, from logging into the server, I can
> ping any local address except for the DHCP server and the default
> gateway.

> I can't ping any global addresses, but this is obviously a
> symptom of not being able to reach the gateway. Another machine
> plugged into the same hub as the web server has no problem reaching
> any address, local or global.
> Where do people think I should start looking? No one here has any idea.

How about setting it up with a static IP address and see if it works
like that?  (The DHCP server can be configured to avoid that address.)

You could also try running tcpdump on another machine to see if packets
from the web-server appear on the network.
   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html